- 250gm butter
- 250gm brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125gm butter
- 3 cups soft icing mixture
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- caramel topping
- sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 160’C and prepare two 25cm round cake tins.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bench mixer.
- Gradually add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture equally into prepared tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cream butter and icing mixture.
- Add caramel topping and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- Allow cakes to cool and spread some of the frosting over one of the cakes.
- Place the second cake on top of the first and cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate with caramel topping and banana and serve.