- 5 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 400ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1 can Nestle Top N Fill Caramel 380gm, whisked to remove lumps
- 3-4 bananas
- 1/2 block chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 130’C. Line a baking 20x30cm slice tray with baking paper.
- Whip egg whites and salt in a bench mixer until peaks form. Gradually add sugar, cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread meringue evenly in the prepared tin. Using a spatula spread the top of meringue until smooth.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until top starts to go golden brown and allow to cool in oven once cooked.
- Whip thickened cream until peaks form and refrigerate until required.
- Cut the meringue into 2 pieces 10x30cm.
- Spread half of the caramel on top of one of the meringue halves and top with slices of banana.
- Place the other half of meringue on top. Spread the thickened cream, remaining caramel and banana on top. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Leave a Reply