- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml milk
- 150gm butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180’C and grease a large baking dish.
- Thinly slice the apples and layer them covering the base of the baking dish.
- Combine the flour, sugar, vanilla, milk, butter and eggs in the bowl of bench mixer and an electric mixer beat for approximately 3 minutes until the colour of the mixture lightens.
- Combine the water, brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir regularly for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Allow the mixture to come to the boil and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Spread the batter over the top of the apples and pour half of the syrup over the top of the batter.
- Place the pudding into the oven to bake for 50 minutes or until the top of the pudding is golden brown.
- Pour the remaining syrup over the pudding and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply