- 125gm butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150’C.
- Prepare baking trays by lining with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and allow to cool.
- Add egg to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add flour, salt and ginger and mix until well combined.
- Portion the dough into 2 and shape into circles, wrapping in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough in portions until 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with your Christmas cookie cutters and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar.