- 250gm butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups gluten free plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar for decorating
- In an electric bench mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, golden syrup and eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the mixers and mix on a low speed until combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Line baking trays and preheat oven to 160’C.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out sections between to layers of baking paper.
- Using your favourite Christmas cookie cutters, cut your desired shapes and placed onto prepared baking trays.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Decorate with icing sugar and serve.