- 8 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup fresh cherries, stems intact
- chocolates to decorate
- Preheat oven to 120’C and line 2 baking trays.
- In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites and salt with electric until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually allowing to combine well.
- Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk for a further 5 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Make 6 – 8 individual meringues by placing large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking paper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 100’C and bake for 1.5 hours. Once cooked, turn oven off and allow to cool completely inside.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, icing sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice in a stand mixer and beat until peaks form.
- Arrange meringues on a round serving dish in a wreath shape.
- Decorate with cream, cherries and chocolates. Refrigerate until serving.