- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 110gm unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160’C and grease a baking dish with spray oil.
- In a bench mixer, which egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until mixture thickens. Add butter and beat until combined. Slowly add flour, cocoa, and milk and beat until combined.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. .
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Leave a Reply