- 1 cup sugar
- 440gm crushed pineapple
- 450gm dried mixed fruit
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup good quality whisky
- Combine sugar, pineapple, chopped mixed fruit, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and butter into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Grease and line 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift flours together and mix into cold fruit mixture with eggs.
- Place fruit mixture into prepared tin and bake for approximately 1 hour. Check with skewer and adjust cooking time accordingly. Allow to cool in open oven.