This Christmas Wreath Pavlova looks incredible and I will definitely be serving this on Christmas Day. The wreath shape also makes it incredibly easy to cut and serve.
- 5 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 500gm frozen mixed berries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 120’C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and trace a 30cm round plate.
- Whip egg whites and salt until peaks form. Gradually add sugar, cornflour and vinegar.
- Using a salad spoon, dollop spoonfuls of meringue around the inside of the circle on the baking paper. Repeat with a tablespoon filling in the gaps with a second layer. Using a spatula spread the top of meringue until smooth.
- Bake for 2 hours and allow to cool in oven once cooked.
- Whip thickened cream until peaks form and refrigerate until required.
- Blitz 1 cup of mixed frozen berries until smooth and add lemon juice. Heat gently until mixture thickens. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Drain remaining mixed berries and place on paper towel to soak up extra juice.
- Once the meringue has cooled, top with whipped cream. Pour raspberry mixture on top of cream and decorate with frozen berries. Serve.
Perfectly paired with some Christmas Recipe – Icy Cold Egg Nog.