This recipe is a perfect gluten free alternative to apple pie.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- can of pie apple
- ground cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 160’C and grease a pie dish.
- Combine melted butter, 2 cups of self raising flour, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk in a bowl.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture into greased pie dish.
- Place apple on top of the mixture and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of self raising flour to remaining 1/4 of mixture and rub with fingers until crumbs form.
- Spread crumb mixture onto the top of the apple and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 160’C for 25 minutes. Reduce temperature to 120’C and bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and serve warm with cream or custard.