A quick, easy and tasty mid week meal.
- 1 shredded barbeque chicken, skin removed
- ½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 300gm broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1½ tablespoons curry powder
- olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 375ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 160’c.
- Lightly grease a 1.9L square ovenproof dish.
- Microwave cauliflower in a covered dish for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and then drain.
- Mix chicken, cauliflower and broccoli in a bowl and place into greased dish.
- Place oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the curry powder stirring for 1 minute. Add the flour and stir for a further minute. Gradually add evaporated milk, salt and pepper and stir until sauce come to the boil and thickens.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add 1 dessert spoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of chili sauce to the sauce mixture
- Substitute plain flour with banana flour