Check out my Top 5 Hot Spots to Visit at Waikiki in Honolulu, Hawaii:
1. Great accommodation with spectacular ocean views from the Sheraton and Hilton Hawaiian Village
As a regular traveller to Hawaii, I have been fortunate to stay at ocean view accommodation in Waikiki – the Sheraton and the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Whilst the Sheraton is central to the main activities in Waikiki, the Hilton Hawaiian Village is a short stroll into town.
Both accommodations have fabulous pools and are directly across from the beach. If you are travelling with children, my preference would be the Hilton Hawaiian Village as it has a beautiful lagoon.
2. Great variety of shops and restaurants
With so many restaurants to choose from in Waikiki some of my favourites are:
- The Cheesecake Factory – Gluten Free Options
- Vantage Coffee – Gluten Free Options
- Jimmy Buffet
- Honolulu Cookie Company
- Tropics Bar (Hilton Hawaiian Village) – one of my favourite places to drink cocktails and watch a sunset
- Victoria’s Secret
- Tiffany & Co
- Boutique Shops
3. Visiting Pearl Harbor
A trip to Hawaii would be incomplete without a visit to this amazing place, Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor is a serene place with a lot of history.
4. Sunset Dinner Cruise
The sunset dinner cruise I travelled on was the ‘Star of Honolulu’. The cruise was at sunset and was a lot of fun with plenty of food and dancing by staff and guests. The view of Waikiki at sunset was breathtaking.
A visit to Hawaii is not complete without a hike to Diamond Head. Check out my 5 Reasons to Hike Diamond Head State Monument, Hawaii.